Monday, August 11, 2008

Rule #1: Parents name their babies and not the other way round

Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be.
(Morpheus, in "The Matrix")

In general we the parents name their babies and tell them their and our names. Aarush started speaking and remembering words a few months back (Mumma is the first word) and I was happy that he learnt to pronounce my name quite clearly. But these are just the rules or mere guidelines. And rules are meant to be bent. A couple of weeks back, Aarush suddenly started calling me with a different name. And from that day onwards I did not hear "Neerav" from him. The new name is "Neennu". For past four years my wife was looking for a nick name for me, I think now she has found one.

No comments: